DispatchBot allows you to import passengers in bulk. By doing this, the imported passengers are available for easier trip creation. You can also import the passengers' home address which will aid in address auto-complete when the passenger books a trip.
Some things to remember when importing passengers:
- DispatchBot accepts csv, xls, and xlsx, however csv is preferred.
- DispatchBot will only import the passenger once, regardless of how many times the passenger is attempted to be imported. You do not need to worry about duplicates.
- DispatchBot cannot read password-protected files. If you have a password-protected file, copy the data to a standard spreadsheet for DispatchBot.
From the scheduler page to go More > Passengers.
From the Passengers page select Import in the upper right.
Required Format of Passenger File
To ensure DispatchBot is able to accurately import all of your data, it is crucial that you adhere to the specified file format of the spreadsheet. Your spreadsheet should contain the following columns:
- Required. The first name of the passenger.
- Required The last name of the passenger.
- The account name associated with this passenger. If the account does not alraedy exist, it will be created. If unspecified, the passenger will be private pay.
- The phone number of the passenger.
- The weight of the passenger.
- An internal record number you may use to track this passenger outside of DispatchBot.
- The date of birth for the passenger.
- A list of mobility aids for this passenger. Ensure that the mobility aids listed here already exist in DispatchBot.
- An optional home street address for the passenger. If specified, this address will automatically display when the passenger is added a trip.
- An optional home city for the passenger. If street address is given, this is required.
- An optional home state for the passenger.
- An optional home zip for the passenger.
- An optional facility name. If the passenger routinely visits some place, you may specify it as the facility.
- An optional street address, for the facility
- The city for the facility. If street address is given, this field is required.
- The state for the facility
- The zip code for the facility.
- The days of the week the passenger makes this trip.
- The time the passenger must arrive at the facility. Must be given in military time (e.g., 13:00)
- The time the passenger will leave the facility. Must be given in military time (e.g., 13:00)
You can download a sample spreadsheet here.
Once you have updated and saved your spreadsheet, click on Choose File, find your spreadsheet and click on Import Passengers.